Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What is going on????

I hesitate to post this here, for fear that in another hour things will change again!

Back to the original plan. We are doing the tibial lengthening on Friday at 10:30. Jon and I really challenged her decision to make the change in the first place and after consulting with others....it's been decided to keep with the original plan.

None of this is too shocking. Jack's case is an original...this complicates everything b/c there is no presedence of a treatment plan to follow. Making medical decisions for him takes a team of doctors (usually from all over the country!) Everyone has their own opinion on the right way to do things and of course, Jon and I get to weigh in too.

Sooooo.....let's hope that things don't change again. We are much more nervous now because this surgery is "the big one". But, at this point, we all just want it DONE! I am excited to get Jack from school because I think he's going to be excited.

Jack lost his first tooth last night. It was very low-drama...Jon reached inside his mouth in the middle of dinner and pulled it out. Jack told us the rest of the night, "I feel so different about myself now that I've lost a tooth. I feel like a different person."

Can you imagine how he's going to feel about himself when he sees that fixator on his leg? YIKES!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the plans stays as is and all systems are "go" for Friday! We will be sending our thoughts and wishes your way as I will be up to my ears in Webkinz and cakes and presents for Emma's b-day party that day. ;) I so wish the kids could be closer so they could meet--I know they would love each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi he's so freakin' cute!
    Was he excited to be back to the origional plan?

    ReplyDelete