Friday, May 8, 2009

Incurable Optimism

Did anyone watch the Michael J Fox special on optimism last night? Wow, what perfect timing for our household!

Last night's show was about optimism and how optimists view life differently than pessimists. I've never considered myself as either an optimist or a pessimist, I've always thought I was more of a realist....sort of a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" mentality. I really recommend that everyone find the time to watch ths episode...it'll make you re-think how you think about life! One thing that MJF said last night that really resonated with me was, "Optimism isn’t about hoping for the end result. I’m content to enjoy the hope, without needing to be assured of the outcome.” AMAZING!!!

Anyway....the program was really great for Jon and I to watch, helps us to refocus on the positives.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED that special and cannot wait to read his book! I'm glad you caught it!

    ReplyDelete