Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We. Are. Home.

It feels really good to say we are home!!!

After a rough night and a difficult morning PT session, I got to the hospital with Jack's favorite person ever...his baby sister. His spirits were immediately lifted and he was pretty pleasant the rest of the day. He tried to put up a fight during his afternoon PT session, but I didn't give him a choice. He walked across the room a few times and then we were free to go home.



To celebrate...a chocolate covered strawberry. I swear this was his idea.






Jon took care of some of the discharge work and I packed up the room. We had a visitor from http://www.snowcityarts.com/ Jack did a piece of art that will be included in a mural in an exhibit in June. We all throught that was very neat.

He likes the concept of the wheelchair, but we need to do some modifying to it to make it comfortable for him. He loves trying to push it himself, which is really interesting seeing as he's pretty loopy and unsteady from the pain meds. His back is really sore right now from the epidural and we're hoping that gets better soon and he'll be feeling much more comfortable. We're still working on keeping him calm and for the shrieking to stop. Please God, stop the shrieking. I know with time, he'll get more comforable with the fixator and the anxiety will diminish. Anytime now would be great. Jon and I are totally over that screaming!

On a funny note...he did tell me he was going to run over people at the mall in his wheelchair. When they look mad at him, he's going to tell them, "Come on...look at me...I had surgery, look at this thing on my leg." That made me laugh...typical Jack!
If this picture doesn't belong on a Wheaties box, I don't know what does.....

11 comments:

  1. Heidi I'm so happy that you're all home. It has to be much more comfortable for Jack then at the hospital.
    WELCOME HOME JACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to here you all made in home!!! I bet it feels so good for him to be at home in his own environment. I promise we will be up sometime this weekend to see him. We would come one of the next couple nights but I have kids till 6:45pm so that is probably late and almost Hayleigh's bed time.
    I'll help you pray that the screaming stops, LOL!! Go jack go run them over and hell at those people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are home, much brtter than being in the hospital. I am glad to hear the day was a smidge easier, too.

    Let me know if you want me to make any cushions/pillow/bags for Jack's wheelchair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home Jack! That's just amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for being home! Many hugs & kisses to EVERYONE, especially Jack!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so glad you got to come home Jack! Kayli, Jon & Katelin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you all got some rest last night, and hope the shrieking is letting up. :) I love that you still have your fab sense of humor through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are all home. I have to agree with Jack about the pain from the epidural. That was the most painful part for me after having Eve. I remember complaining about the pain in my back from that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for home!! Jack has a cute personality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooohooo! That is awesome, that you made it home. Your family is amazing. I am sure Jack will be able to kick my booty in about anything when I get up there to visit in July! Love ya all, Linz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - looks and sounds like things are going great and we are so happy! Those cookies were a such a neat idea. Jack is such a "cool" kid and he is so lucky to have such an awesome family! Hugs to all
    Love, Uncle Pete & Aunt Chris

    ReplyDelete