Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not much of an update

Not too much to update on...which is the way we like it! Everything is going so well, it's sort of scary. We're enjoying it and hoping it stays this way. We're waiting on a call from Dr. Kogan. Two of the struts we are supposed to turn daily are really tight. Today I could barely get them turned, so we're hoping to find out if there's a way to loosen them. If not, I'll be getting out the wrench tomorrow, which will make Jon nervous....he always gets nervous when I get in his tool box :) We took a one of the incision bandages off and noticed a stitch that is sticking out of his skin! It's the craziest thing, it's about an inch and a half of clear string sticking straight out of his leg. I want to cut it off, but Jack won't let me.

The other really truly exciting news in our house is that Jack lost another tooth. I'm hoping Mr. Tooth Fairy has cash in his wallet because Mrs. Tooth Fairy has none!

I'll end with a cute story....yesterday Jack figured out how to hoist himself from his walker into his carseat. I drive a big SUV (a gas guzzler, which I do feel horrible about) and it's quite a feat for him to do this! He looked at me and says "I'm Jack, the kid that never gives up and works harder than everyone else." :)

Then, on the way home from PT, Max scraped his foot on the curb in the parking lot. He was sobbing all the way home (he doesn't deal with blood....even a teeny tiny speck....very well). Finally, Jack says "Max, look at me. I've got big huge pins sticking out of my leg and you don't see me crying about it." I couldn't help but laugh. A lot.

4 comments:

  1. another great update!!!
    What a great big brother you are Jack!
    Another tooth lost! you're growing way too fast. Ethan lost a tooth the other day too.

    Max I hope your foot is all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo glad to hear things are going so well!! We've been praying for you guys to turn a corner. :))-Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. He just makes me cry he's so awesome! I seriously am not a crier but you would never know it when I get to celebrate things things with you guys. His attitude is just amazing and I think it is a strong reflextion on his parents too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cute story you shared. It reaffirms for me, once again, that Jack is simply an amazing little boy! He's a pretty awesome big brother too!

    ReplyDelete