Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fraggle Rock

My favorite show as a kid was Fraggle Rock.









Little did I know someday I would actually get to live with a Fraggle.






I haven't updated for a few days, not too much going on. Therapy visits are going well, massage is going well. We go to the doctor to see Dr. Kogan on Thursday for xrays and a check-up. We are scheduled to have the struts changed next Monday. This is very exciting because it means he will have outgrown the original struts. This is an out-patient procedure. He will be sedated, mainly because it's easier (and quicker) for the doctor to do it this way. Sort of a bummer, because he won't be able to eat all day Monday, but I'm sure he'll be rewarded with ice cream and other highly-desired edibles once it's over.


As of today, we are at 2.5 cm. Here is Jack's shoe, the foam lift insert is 6 cm. With the growth that we have so far, we would be able to remove 2.5 cm of lift, which is the white layer of foam. If we can get another 2.5 cm - 3 cm, he would only need a very small lift, which can be worn inside his shoe. If we get that far, I will be dancing in the streets, and Jon will be at the mall spending a full paycheck on flip-flops and crocs. Oh, the things we have promised.....




Here's a picture of the current struts. You can see the progress he has made. He started at the bottom of the ruler, and is nearing the top.




So, we're making progress and things are going well. All in all, a good week!


Today is Father's Day, so a big happy Father's day to all the dads out there! I'm a lucky girl...I have a great dad and I married someone who is a great dad. I've been told that I am the spitting image of my dad, which would explain why we find one another so incredibly charming and splendid. My one question is though....does that make Jon the spitting image of my mom???? We're heading to my parent's house for a cookout (we put the men to work in our family, even on Father's Day :) ) I'm hoping Jon gets off work in time to join us! I picked up some steak kabobs last night and I KNOW he can hear them calling his name! Happy Father's Day Jon, from all 3 of your adoring kiddos!

5 comments:

  1. Love your Fraggle daughter!
    AWESOME on the smaller lift. Can you remove the foam or does it mean you have to have it done/get new ones??

    almost 3cm! WOW! half way there! Jack you're such an amazing little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi - That is so exciting! 2.5 CM is AWESOME! I know he suffered hard for it, as did you, but it will be worth it in the end I'm sure. Cute piggy tails! I wasn't a Fragile Rock fan (too old). But I think some kids I babysat liked it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I'm so excited about that growth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uneventful is what I like to hear!! :) Awesome that he's come this far, he is such a trooper! Hope we can see you guys next week maybe, or even after the 4th sometime. we've been sucked into the yardwork black hole over here. :)) Hopefully we can make it out & bring some goodies with as well. :)-Michelle

    ReplyDelete