Thursday, April 30, 2009

Who would have thought???

First of all...to all of my followers...LOVE YOU! It is very neat to think that *I* have followers.

Because of the fixator that Jack will be wearing, we have been having to adapt clothing for him. All of his shorts, pants, underwear, bathing suits, pajama pants need to be altered in order to get them on him. Once I realized this, I sort of went into a panic, as I have no sewing ability. Fortunately for me, I have very generous friends that offered to adapt clothing for us. These 2 women are amazing people....I mentioned adapting the clothing, they both shot me an email offering to help and within days the clothes that I sent them were done! So....Jeannie from RI and Drea from Canada...you are the BEST!

I got a package yesterday from Jeannie that had some shorts and underwear that she had adapted for us. I debated all day showing them to Jack and finally tonight I figured he needed to see them. So, I call him upstairs and say "Jack I don't want you to freak out, but this is what you're going to have to wear after you have surgery." I show him the underwear and the look on his face was priceless. You would have thought it was Christmas morning. He thought they were HILARIOUS. He said, and I kid you not...."mommy, I am EXCITED for my surgery now if I get to wear these underwear afterwards."

Seriously???? Hey, I'll take it...but, seriously???? That's all it took....a few pairs of underwear?!?!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! :) Jeannie is amazing isn't she!! She always knows just what you mean when you ask for something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that, I am really glad that he likes them! As I have said before, whatever you need done, just send it my way-I am happy to be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that he was so excited. Way to go Jeannie!!
    I was also happy to help.

    ReplyDelete