Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tomorrow!!!

Wow, lots of excitement around here lately! In case you missed it, Jack's charity was on the local news stations Monday night and Tuesday morning. We are all really excited to watch this little idea turn into something real! If you want links, I'll put some up on that blog,



http://www.littlehandsmakeabigdifference.blogspot.com/



Tomorrow Jack gets his fixator removed. Wow, after 3.5 months (112 days to be exact) it is coming off. Clearly, we are all excited....Jack is bouncing (literally, on one foot) off the walls. Jon and I are bracing ourselves for this next chapter, it's bound to be another round of celebrations and challenges. I can't believe how far Jack has come in 3.5 months. When I go back and read the blog entries from the first few weeks I can't believe what he made it through. We were told that this process is excruciating and will push you to your breaking point...I'll definitely agree with that! We've put those days behind us, but Jon and I will never forget those feelings of terror and helplessness. It changes your perspective in life....for the good, and for that I am very thankful!



Tomorrow is going to be a big day for all of us, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We hope that all goes well with the fixator removal and that Jack is able to manage the pain and the shock of having it off.



We will keep you posted, but until then....have a great day!

Editing...just got a call from Rush. His OR time is 7:45, we have to be there by 6:15. We have to leave our house around 4:30. Mom, if you're reading this....you're going to have to get up reeeeeeealy early tomorrow! Sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That will be a big day for you all! In our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been a very exciting week at the O'Neil house. Hope it goes well tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. What a truly amazing, cool kid you are Jack. Hurry back to school! We will miss you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete